COVID-19 Updates and Information
The Washington Ballet and The Washington School of Ballet, in partnership with our host venues, follow all CDC guidance and District of Columbia mandates regarding COVID-19. Because the health and welfare of our entire community remain our most important priorities, TWB has put in place the following policies, procedures, and protocols:
- If community transmission is “medium” or “high” based on CDC reporting for the DC area, All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear masks indoors while moving throughout TWB and TWSB public spaces. This includes masking while in-studio, backstage, and in rehearsal.
- All faculty, staff, dancers, and contractors are required to provide proof of full vaccination.
- All TWB and TWSB facilities, as well as TWB’s host venues, are subject to enhanced cleaning and ventilation protocols.
For 2022/23 season performances
- All audience members must follow venue requirements for masking and vaccination status. Standard food and drink exceptions will apply.
TWB’s Flexible Subscription Purchase Policy guarantees that full-season and mini-package subscribers may:
- Change or exchange tickets at any time prior to the performance day – no questions asked, no exchange fees.
- Return tickets for credit towards future purchases or donate your seats to our nonprofit arts and education mission.
- In the event of a performance cancellation or postponement, opt to receive a credit towards a future performance, donate the value of unused tickets back to TWB’s nonprofit mission, or receive a full refund.
The Washington School of Ballet
- Masking: As described above, masking and enhanced cleaning protocols are in place for all TWSB facilities while transmission levels are “medium” or “high” based on CDC reporting for the DC area. When transmission levels are “low”, TWSB common areas may revert to mask-optional unless stated.
- Adult Program classes are mask-optional except when indicated in the class listing.
- High-volume events may require masking or modified drop-off & pick-up requirements. Communication with participants via the website or email will indicate special requirements.
- Vaccinations: Vaccinations for students ages 5 and up are required.* As described above, all staff, faculty, and contractors of The Washington Ballet and TWSB must provide proof of vaccination.
- Positive Cases: If a student or staff member is exposed or tests positive for COVID-19, they are required to follow updated CDC guidelines for exposure or illness before returning to campus. Find the CDC’s Isolation & Exposure Calculator here.
The above policies will remain in place until further notice and will be updated as circumstances evolve.
Please check back on this page for the most up-to-date information. Last updated March 3, 2023.