COVID-19 Updates and Information
The Washington Ballet and The Washington School of Ballet, in partnership with our host venues, follow all CDC guidance and District of Columbia mandates regarding COVID-19. Because the health and welfare of our entire community remain our most important priorities, TWB has put in place the following policies, procedures, and protocols:
- If community transmission is “medium” or “high” based on CDC reporting for the DC area, All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear masks indoors while moving throughout TWB and TWSB public spaces. This includes masking while in-studio, backstage, and in rehearsal.
- All faculty, staff, dancers, and contractors are required to provide proof of full vaccination.
- All TWB and TWSB facilities, as well as TWB’s host venues, are subject to enhanced cleaning and ventilation protocols.
For 2022/23 season performances
- All audience members ages 5 and up will be required to show proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative PCR test administered no more than 72 hours prior to the performance date prior to the performance date to gain admission to TWB performances.
- Children under 5 may attend performances with proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative PCR test administered no more than 72 hours prior to the performance date.
- All audience members must follow venue requirements for masking and vaccination status. Standard food and drink exceptions will apply.
TWB’s Flexible Subscription Purchase Policy guarantees that full-season and mini-package subscribers may:
- Change or exchange tickets at any time prior to the performance day – no questions asked, no exchange fees.
- Return tickets for credit towards future purchases or donate your seats to our nonprofit arts and education mission.
- In the event of a performance cancellation or postponement, opt to receive a credit towards a future performance, donate the value of unused tickets back to TWB’s nonprofit mission, or receive a full refund.
The Washington School of Ballet
- As described above, masking and enhanced cleaning protocols are in place for all TWB and TWSB facilities.
- As described above, all staff, faculty, and contractors of The Washington Ballet and TWSB must provide proof of vaccination.
- Vaccinations for students ages 5 and up are required.
- Only students and authorized personnel may enter TWSB facilities. Parents and guardians may wait outside of the buildings for pickups and drop-offs.
- Any member of the TWSB community who tests positive must alert TWSB immediately. NW Campus – email@example.com; SE Campus – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The school will notify parents or guardians of any potential exposure.
- Any unvaccinated/partially vaccinated person who is masked is considered a close contact if they are within 6’ of a positive case for a cumulative of 15 minutes in a 24 hours period.
The above policies will remain in place until further notice and will be updated as circumstances evolve.
Individual ticket buyers will receive show reminders that include COVID-19 policy notifications via email in advance of their performances.
Please check back on this page for the most up-to-date information. Last updated June 1, 2022.