COVID-19 Updates and Information
The Washington Ballet and The Washington School of Ballet, in partnership with our host venues, follow all CDC guidance and District of Columbia mandates regarding COVID-19. Because the health and welfare of our entire community remain our most important priorities, TWB has put in place the following policies, procedures, and protocols:
- All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, must wear masks indoors, at all times, while moving throughout TWB and TWSB public spaces. This includes masking while in-studio, backstage, and in rehearsal.
- All faculty, staff, dancers, and contractors are required to provide proof of full vaccination.
- All TWB and TWSB facilities, as well as TWB’s host venues, are subject to enhanced cleaning and ventilation protocols.
For 2021/22 season performances
- All audience members ages 12 and up will be required to show proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative PCR test administered no more than 72 hours prior to the performance date prior to the performance date to gain admission to TWB performances.
- Children under 12 may attend performances with proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative PCR test administered no more than 72 hours prior to the performance date.
- All audience members, regardless of age and vaccination status, must wear masks indoors at all times, in all spaces, when attending TWB performances. Standard food and drink exceptions will apply.
TWB’s Flexible Subscription Purchase Policy guarantees that full-season and mini-package subscribers may:
- Change or exchange tickets at any time prior to the performance day – no questions asked, no exchange fees.
- Return tickets for credit towards future purchases or donate your seats to our nonprofit arts and education mission.
- In the event of a performance cancellation or postponement, opt to receive a credit towards a future performance, donate the value of unused tickets back to TWB’s nonprofit mission, or receive a full refund.
The Washington School of Ballet
- As described above, universal masking and enhanced cleaning protocols are in place for all TWB and TWSB facilities.
- As described above, all staff, faculty, and contractors of The Washington Ballet and TWSB must provide proof of vaccination.
- Vaccinations for eligible students ages 5–17 are strongly encouraged.
- Vaccinations for students ages 18+ are required.
- Only students and authorized personnel may enter TWSB facilities. Parents and guardians may wait outside of the buildings for pickups and drop-offs.
- Additional information and regular updates will be provided to TWSB families.
The above policies will remain in place until further notice and will be updated as circumstances evolve.
Additional guidance will be provided to students and parents of The Washington School of Ballet. Individual ticket buyers will receive show reminders that include COVID-19 policy notifications via email in advance of their performances.
Please check back on this page for the most up-to-date information. Last updated November 22, 2021.