Open Classes for Adults
Classes for Adults
Dance with us!
We are pleased to offer a variety of class formats to meet you where you are! Explore more information about In-Studio, Online, and On Demand Classes as well as Workshops and Private Lessons by clicking the tabs to the left.
Stay up to date by signing up for our bi-weekly emails!
A Note to All Participants:
Before joining a class, please take a moment to consider the appropriate class-level. See TWSB’s level descriptions to help guide you. When in doubt about which level to take, we suggest joining a lower level first.
All class formats use recorded music at this time. Pre-registration is required for all classes/workshops and registration closes 30-minutes before the class start time or when class reaches capacity.
We are excited to move with you!
Information about IN-STUDIO classes:
- Starting September 13, 2021, Adult Program students are required to show proof of full vaccination before entering the building and confirm their vaccination status when registering.
- All in-studio classes will take place at Cathedral Commons (3308 Wisconsin Ave. NW, 2nd floor)
- Carefully read all of our Covid-19 Updates and Information before entering the studio.
- Arrive at the studio no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the class start time. Also note, that students will not be allowed to enter the studio after class has started.
Information about ONLINE classes:
- The Zoom Studio will open five minutes before the class start time.
- Take a moment to prepare your space and test your work area before beginning.
- For ballet classes, use your best judgment when selecting your temporary barre to ensure stability as you work. Stretch classes use a yoga mat or towel as they often include floor exercises.
- Consider the floor surface and wear appropriate footwear such as ballet slippers, socks, or bare feet depending on the class.
- Make smart choices and be mindful of your space as you work. Listen closely for options to modify exercises that may align with your environment and technique level to ensure you are working safely.
You can also view additional suggestions to keep moving in our Resource Guide.
Open classes are available for students to take as their schedule allows. There are two open class formats: In-Studio and Online. All require advance registration.
- IN-STUDIO: Taken by students in a TWB studio with the faculty member teaching from the same studio.
- ONLINE: Taken by students via Zoom from their personal studio space.
Starting September 13, 2021, Adult Program students are required to show proof of full vaccination before entering the building and confirm their vaccination status when registering.
Open Class Schedule:
Please check the registration system for faculty substitutions.
Please carefully read our Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures before registering for an IN-STUDIO class. Advance registration is required for ALL classes and registration closes 30-minutes before the class start time or when class has reached capacity.
All IN-STUDIO classes take place at Cathedral Commons (3308 Wisconsin Ave. NW, 2nd floor) unless indicated.
11:00AM-12:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Beginner II Ballet with Lisae Jordan *Masks Opt’l
12:30PM-1:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Stretch & Lengthen with Lisae Jordan *Masks Opt’l
7:00PM-8:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Beginner I Ballet with Jessy Dick *Masks Opt’l
9:30AM-11:00AM ET, In-Studio: Advanced Beginner Ballet with Royce Zackery *Masks Opt’l
12:00PM-1:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Beginner II Ballet with Shu-Chen Cuff *Masks Opt’l
7:00PM-8:30PM ET, In-Studio: Advanced Beginner Ballet with Elizabeth Gaither/Alvaro Palau *Masks Opt’l
10:00AM-11:30AM ET, In-Studio: Intermediate II Ballet with Aaron Jackson *Masks Req’d
12:00PM-1:30PM ET, In-Studio: Beginner I Ballet with Constance Dinapoli *Masks Opt’l
5:00PM-6:00PM ET, In-Studio: Beginner Ballet at THEARC with Maggie Williamson *Masks Req’d (Runs June 30 – August 11, 2022)
6:00PM-7:00PM ET, In-Studio: Barre Fitness at THEARC with Sydney Wiggins *Masks Req’d (Runs June 30 – August 11, 2022)
7:45PM-9:00PM ET, In-Studio: Advanced Beginner Ballet with Royce Zackery *Masks Opt’l
7:30PM-9:00PM ET, In-Studio: Intermediate I Ballet with Tamas Krizsa *Masks Opt’l
9:30AM-11:00AM ET, In-Studio: Advanced Beginner Ballet with Tamas Krizsa *Masks Opt’l
9:30AM-11:00AM ET, In-Studio: Intermediate II Ballet with Aaron Jackson *Masks Req’d
11:00AM-12:00PM ET, In-Studio: Stretch & Strengthen with Jessy Dick *Masks Opt’l (Ends June 18, 2022)
11:00AM-12:00PM ET, In-Studio: New to Ballet Fundamentals with Miya Hisaka *Masks Opt’l (Starts June 25, 2022)
12:00PM-1:30PM ET, In-Studio: Beginner I Ballet with Royce Zackery *Masks Opt’l
12:30PM-2:00PM ET, In-Studio: Intermediate II Ballet with Roger Plaut *Masks Req’d
How to Register & Purchase Classes:
- Login to your Student account or Create a new account Read our step-by-step instructions for registering here.
- Class Pricing:
- ONLINE Classes: $13
- IN-STUDIO Classes: $20
- All classes require advance registration. Registration is available one week before the class day/time and closes 30 minutes prior to the class time.
- Students who have previously purchased class packages and have remaining in-studio credits on their account are welcome to use them for in-studio classes. Read our registration guide and FAQs here.
Upcoming School Closures:
- Monday, May 30 – Sunday, June 5, 2022: Adult classes are cancelled. Classes resume Monday, June 6.
- Monday, July 4, 2022: TWSB will be closed for the holiday and all classes cancelled. Classes resume Tuesday, July 5.
- Monday, August 29 – Monday, September 5, 2022: Adult classes are cancelled. Classes resume Tuesday, September 6.
- Monday, October 10, 2022: TWSB will be closed for the holiday and all classes cancelled. Classes resume Tuesday, October 11.
- Friday, November 11, 2022: TWSB will be closed for the holiday and all classes cancelled. Classes resume Saturday, November 12.
- Wednesday, November 23 – Friday, November 25, 2022: On 11/23, morning classes will be held as regularly scheduled and all evening classes will be cancelled. 11/24-11/25 TWSB will be closed and all classes cancelled. Classes resume Saturday, November 26.
- Saturday, December 24 – Monday, December 26, 2022: TWSB will be closed for the holiday and all classes cancelled. Classes resume Saturday, December 27.
- Saturday, December 31, 2022 – Monday, January 2, 2023: On 12/31, morning classes will be held as regularly scheduled and all evening classes will be cancelled. 1/1-1/2 TWSB will be closed and all classes cancelled. Classes resume Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- Monday, January 16, 2023: TWSB will be closed for the holiday and all classes cancelled. Classes resume Tuesday, January 17.
- Monday, February 20, 2023: TWSB will be closed for the holiday and all classes cancelled. Classes resume Tuesday, February 21.
- Monday, May 29 – Sunday, June 4, 2022: Adult classes are cancelled. Classes resume on Monday, June 5.
Workshops provide focused attention for students in a particular level, style, or area of technique and additional options from the ongoing open class schedule to train with TWSB faculty, Company dancers, and artistic leaders. Workshops vary in length but are typically held in one to eight-week sessions.
In-Studio: Back to the Barre Workshop with Linda Baranovics
Days/Dates: Sundays, July 10-31 (4-week session)
Location: Cathedral Commons (3308 Wisconsin Ave, NW)
Cost: $80, pre-registration for entire workshop is required
This workshop is for students who have taken a few years away from the barre due to injury, the pandemic, lack of time, or any number of reasons. You’ll enjoy a 60-minute ballet barre focused on helping you mindfully re-enter the studio, regain strength, beauty, and return to your love of ballet where it all began – Back to the Barre! This workshop is intended for students with previous training and IS NOT recommended for beginner students.
In-Studio: Variations Workshop: Les Sylphides with Nancie Woods
Days/Dates: Saturdays, August 6 & 13
Time: 11:00am-1:00pm, ET
Location: Cathedral Commons (3308 Wisconsin Ave, NW)
Cost: $35 for a single class or $65 for the entire workshop
Looking to expand your dancing beyond the barre? In this two week workshop, you will have the opportunity to learn romantic ballet choreography from the classical ballet Les Sylphides. Each session will include a 60-minute ballet warm up including barre + centre work and a 5-10 minute break before moving into 60-minutes of learning the variation. Each session will focus on a different variation: August 6 will explore the Prelude variation and August 13 will explore the Waltz variation. Sign up for one or both sessions! Classes are intended for students at an Advanced Beginner to Intermediate level.
On Demand Classes
On Demand Classes
Don’t miss our full On Demand Library of OVER 80 videos to enjoy! Classes include 30-minute, 60-minute, and 90-minute formats in various styles and levels including: Body Conditioning such as Yoga and Pilates, Beginner Ballet 1, Beginner Ballet 2, and Advanced Beginner Ballet.
Purchase On Demand videos for $8 and enjoy for seven days. Students may repurchase videos for continued viewing.
Follow these steps to access and purchase On Demand classes:
- Login to your Student account or Create a new account
- Need help with your password or accessing an existing account? Email email@example.com
- Once logged in, select the “TWSB for Adults” tab.
- Select “On Demand Videos” to see all available videos. Select “On Demand Video Playlist” to view groups of videos organized by series or level.
- To purchase and view videos, select the film icon, then click “Make Your Payment.” Click “video list,” then click the film icon in the top left corner.
- After purchasing, you will have access to the video for seven days.
View your purchased video by logging into your student account. Click “Video List,” then click the film icon in the top left corner.
Online Private Lessons
Private Lessons for Adult Students
Seeking clarity on new aspects of your technique? Looking to address a particular habit? Wanting to work slower with individualized feedback? Private lessons are available for adult students and may be a useful supplement to your weekly class schedule.
At this time, only online private lessons are available. Online lessons, for one to three students, are 45-minutes, cost $100, and are held via Zoom. Learn more about important lesson policies.
Ready to schedule? Fill out this form to request a lesson.
Read one student’s experience with online private lessons:
The instructor is a great listener and takes my personal goals seriously and incorporates them into our sessions, explaining how the moves we work on will help me pursue them. The instructor is also a great observer, watching closely and fine tuning my movement — explaining what every relevant part of my anatomy should be doing and feeling. In two lessons, I’ve already learned so much!
How to Register and FAQs
How to Register & Purchase Classes:
Login to your Student account or Create a new account Select the “TWSB for Adults” tab, then “Class Schedule” tab. There you will see all open, drop-in classes and workshops available for registration. Open, drop-in classes are only open for registration seven days in advance.
Once registered for class, you will receive a confirmation email to join class. Advanced registration is required for ALL classes/workshops. Registration closes 30 minutes prior to the class start time or when the class reaches capacity.
Cómo Registrarse y Pagar por las Clases: Ingrese a su cuenta de estudiante o puede crearse una nueva cuenta. Seleccione la pestaña “TWSB para adultos” y luego la pestaña “Horario de Clases”. Allí encontrará todas las clases con transmisión en vivo y los talleres en línea. Estos estarán disponibles para registro. Lea el manual con instrucciones paso por paso para registrarse aqui. Cuando se haya registrado, recibirá una confirmación por email con la información del Zoom para la clase. La registración cierra 20 minutos antes del comienzo de la clase o si la clase llega a su capacidad máxima.