Open Classes for Adults
Classes for Adults
Dance with us!
We are pleased to offer a variety of class formats to meet you where you are! Explore more information about In-Studio, Online, ‘Pay What You Can’, and On Demand Classes as well as Workshops and Private Lessons by clicking the tabs to the left.
Stay up to date by signing up for our bi-weekly emails!
You can also view additional suggestions to keep moving in our Resource Guide.
A Note to All Participants:
We are excited to move with you!
Before joining a class, please take a moment to consider the appropriate class-level. See TWSB’s level descriptions to help guide you. When in doubt about which level to take, we suggest joining a lower level first.
All class formats use recorded music at this time. Pre-registration is required for all classes/workshops and registration closes 30-minutes before the class start time or when class reaches capacity.
Information about IN-STUDIO classes:
- Starting September 13, 2021, Adult Program students are required to show proof of full vaccination before entering the building and confirm their vaccination status when registering.
- All in-studio classes will take place at Cathedral Commons (3308 Wisconsin Ave. NW, 2nd floor)
- Carefully read all of our Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures before entering the studio.
- Arrive at the studio no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the class start time. Also note, that students will not be allowed to enter the studio after class has started.
Information about ONLINE classes:
- The Zoom Studio will open five minutes before the class start time.
- Take a moment to prepare your space and test your work area before beginning.
- For ballet classes, use your best judgment when selecting your temporary barre to ensure stability as you work. Stretch classes use a yoga mat or towel as they often include floor exercises.
- Consider the floor surface and wear appropriate footwear such as ballet slippers, socks, or bare feet depending on the class.
- Make smart choices and be mindful of your space as you work. Listen closely for options to modify exercises that may align with your environment and technique level to ensure you are working safely.
Most importantly, enjoy class!
Open classes are available for students to take as their schedule allows. There are two open class formats: In-Studio and Online. All require advance registration. Learn more about each format below:
- IN-STUDIO: Taken by students in a TWB studio with the faculty member teaching from the same studio.
- ONLINE: Taken by students via Zoom from their personal studio space.
Starting September 13, 2021, Adult Program students are required to show proof of full vaccination before entering the building and confirm their vaccination status when registering.
Winter/Spring 2022 Open Class Schedule:
*This schedule is in effect Monday, January 3 – May 31, 2022. Please check the registration system for faculty substitutions*
Please carefully read our Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures before registering for an IN-STUDIO class. Advance registration is required for ALL classes and registration closes 30-minutes before the class start time or when class has reached capacity.
All IN-STUDIO classes take place at Cathedral Commons (3308 Wisconsin Ave. NW,2nd floor).
11:00AM-12:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Beginner II Ballet with Lisae Jordan
12:30PM-1:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Stretch & Lengthen with Lisae Jordan
7:00PM-8:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Beginner I Ballet with Jessy Dick
9:30AM-11:00AM ET, In-Studio: Advanced Beginner Ballet with Royce Zackery
12:00PM-1:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Beginner II Ballet with Shu-Chen Cuff
7:00PM-8:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Advanced Beginner Ballet with Elizabeth Gaither
10:00AM-11:30AM ET, In-Studio: Intermediate II Ballet with Aaron Jackson
12:00PM-1:30PM ET, In-Studio: Beginner I Ballet with Constance Dinapoli
7:45PM-9:00PM ET, In-Studio: Advanced Beginner Ballet with Royce Zackery
7:30PM-9:00PM ET, In-Studio: Intermediate I Ballet with Tamas Krizsa
9:30AM-11:00AM ET, In-Studio/Online: Advanced Beginner Ballet with Tamas Krizsa
9:30AM-11:00AM ET, In-Studio: Intermediate II Ballet with Aaron Jackson
11:00AM-12:00PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Stretch & Strengthen with Jessy Dick
12:00PM-1:30PM ET, In-Studio/Online: Beginner I Ballet with Royce Zackery
12:30PM-2:00PM ET, In-Studio: Intermediate II Ballet with Roger Plaut
How to Register & Purchase Classes:
- Login to your student account or create a new account. Read our step-by-step instructions for registering here.
- Class Pricing:
- ONLINE Classes: $13
- IN-STUDIO Classes: $20
- All classes require advance registration. Registration is available one week before the class day/time and closes 30 minutes prior to the class time.
- Students who have previously purchased class packages and have remaining in-studio credits on their account are welcome to use them for in-studio classes. Read our registration guide and FAQs here.
Workshops provide focused attention for students in a particular level, style, or area of technique and additional options from the ongoing open class schedule to train with TWSB faculty, Company dancers, and artistic leaders. Workshops vary in length but are typically held in one to eight-week sessions.
In-Studio: Brand New to Ballet Workshop with Alexa Torres
Date: Rescheduled to Sundays, January 23 & 30, February 6 & 20 (4 weeks)
Time: 10:15AM-11:30AM, ET
Location: Cathedral Commons (3308 Wisconsin Ave NW)
At this time, this workshop is at capacity.
Just beginning your ballet journey or looking to build upon the fundamental aspects of ballet technique? Join TWB Company dancer Alexa Torres for this four-class session where you’ll learn and build upon proper placement and alignment essential for ballet technique. This workshop is for the absolute beginner and is also perfect for current ballet students with limited experience who would like to continue working on the nuances of basic ballet technique.
Pay What You Can Classes
Pay What You Can Classes
The intention behind our ‘Pay What You Can’ classes is to provide affordable options for students to learn from esteemed TWSB faculty and try new ways of moving. While payment for these classes is not required, we do hope participants will consider making a donation.
Clases ‘Pague lo que Pueda’
La intención detrás de estas clases es proveer opciones asequibles donde los estudiantes pueden aprender de nuestros estimados maestros. Aunque los pagos no son obligatorios, le pedimos que lo tomen en consideración ya que todas las donaciones.
EN ESTUDIO Y EN LINEA:
Clases ‘Pague lo que Pueda’: Beginner Ballet 1 en Español con Alexa Torres
Únase a la bailarina de TWB Company, Alexa Torres, para esta clase de Ballet para principiantes 1.
Esta clase es para principiantes absolutos que son completamente nuevos en el ballet clásico o estudiantes que regresan después de muchos años alejados de la forma de arte y desean volver al ballet. Esta clase presenta terminología básica y técnica de ballet fundamental con un enfoque en la alineación adecuada.
Esta clase es para estudiantes adultos. El espacio es limitado y se requiere registro anticipado. Lea atentamente nuestros Protocolos y procedimientos de seguridad de Covid-19 antes de registrarse para asistir en el estudio.
IN-STUDIO and ONLINE:
Pay What You Can Class: Beginner Ballet 1 in Spanish with Alexa Torres
Date: Saturday, January 29
Time: 9:15AM-10:45AM, ET
Location: Cathedral Commons (3308 Wisconsin Ave. NW)
Register: ONLINE registration or IN-STUDIO registration
Join TWB Company dancer, Alexa Torres for this Beginner Ballet 1 class.
This class is for absolute beginners who are entirely new to classical ballet or students returning after many years away from the art form and wishing to ease back into ballet. This class introduces basic terminology and foundational ballet technique with a focus on proper alignment.
This class is for adult students. Space is limited and advance registration is required. Please carefully read our Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures before registering to attend in-studio.
On Demand Classes
On Demand Classes
Don’t miss our full On Demand Library of OVER 80 videos to enjoy! Classes include 30-minute, 60-minute, and 90-minute formats in various styles and levels including: Body Conditioning such as Yoga and Pilates, Beginner Ballet 1, Beginner Ballet 2, and Advanced Beginner Ballet.
Purchase On Demand videos for $8 and enjoy for seven days. Students may repurchase videos for continued viewing.
Follow these steps to access and purchase On Demand classes:
- Login to your adult student account or create a new student account
- Need help with your password or accessing an existing account? Email TWSB.
- Once logged in, select the “TWSB for Adults” tab.
- Select “On Demand Videos” to see all available videos. Select “On Demand Video Playlist” to view groups of videos organized by series or level.
- To purchase and view videos, select the film icon, then click “Make Your Payment.” Click “video list,” then click the film icon in the top left corner.
- After purchasing, you will have access to the video for seven days.
View your purchased video by logging into your student account. Click “Video List,” then click the film icon in the top left corner.
Questions about On Demand Videos? Email Kourtney Ginn.
Online Private Lessons
Private Lessons for Adult Students
Seeking clarity on new aspects of your technique? Looking to address a particular habit? Wanting to work slower with individualized feedback? Private lessons are available for adult students and may be a useful supplement to your weekly class schedule.
At this time, only online private lessons are available. Online lessons, for one to three students, are 45-minutes, cost $100, and are held via Zoom. Learn more about important lesson policies.
Ready to schedule? Fill out this form to request a lesson.
Read one student’s experience with online private lessons:
The instructor is a great listener and takes my personal goals seriously and incorporates them into our sessions, explaining how the moves we work on will help me pursue them. The instructor is also a great observer, watching closely and fine tuning my movement — explaining what every relevant part of my anatomy should be doing and feeling. In two lessons, I’ve already learned so much!
How to Register and FAQs
How to Register & Purchase Classes:
Login to your student account or create a new account. Select the “TWSB for Adults” tab, then “Class Schedule” tab. There you will see all open, drop-in classes and workshops available for registration. Open, drop-in classes are only open for registration seven days in advance.
Once registered for class, you will receive a confirmation email to join class. Advanced registration is required for ALL classes/workshops. Registration closes 30 minutes prior to the class start time or when the class reaches capacity.
Cómo Registrarse y Pagar por las Clases: Ingrese a su cuenta de estudiante o puede crearse una nueva cuenta. Seleccione la pestaña “TWSB para adultos” y luego la pestaña “Horario de Clases”. Allí encontrará todas las clases con transmisión en vivo y los talleres en línea. Estos estarán disponibles para registro. Lea el manual con instrucciones paso por paso para registrarse aqui. Cuando se haya registrado, recibirá una confirmación por email con la información del Zoom para la clase. La registración cierra 20 minutos antes del comienzo de la clase o si la clase llega a su capacidad máxima.