How to Apply
The Washington Ballet’s Company and Studio Company seeks classically trained dancers.
The Washington Ballet is currently accepting applications for the following positions. For details of each position, click on the left side menu tabs below. To apply for a listed position, interested candidates should send the following items:
- Cover letter (complete with salary history)
- Current resume
- List of professional references
- TWB Employment Application (click to complete this fillable application, print and sign it)
Return the above items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post mail to The Washington Ballet, Attention: Resumes, 3515 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20016. NO PHONE CALLS or ALTERNATE EMAILS PLEASE.
The Washington Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of The Washington Ballet to employ individuals without regard to gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor made unlawful under applicable fair employment laws.
Upper Division Faculty, SE Campus
Part-time Faculty: Upper Division, SE Campus
Department: School – SE Campus@THEARC
Position Title: Part-time Faculty, Upper Division
Reports to: Head of School SE Campus
Classification: Part-time, Contract
Location: TWSB SE Campus, THEARC, 1901 Mississippi Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20020
The Washington School of Ballet seeks a candidate with significant experience teaching ballet technique to children ages 11-18. Applicant must possess strong classical ballet and pedagogy knowledge, must be a team player, teach the school’s syllabus, and have experience in staging and adapting classical repertory for children.
- Instruct ballet classes in Levels 4-6 of TWSB Syllabus
- Serve as a substitute for Lower Division, Pre-ballet Division, and/or Adult Program as assigned
- Répétiteur for Spring Performance and Upper Division Showcases
- Provide written evaluations for students
- Attend faculty meetings and curriculum trainings
Director of School Operations, Artistic Director, SE Campus School Manager, Faculty, Accompanists
Students, Faculty, Pianists
Qualifications – Education and Experience
Teaching and professional experience in a nationally recognized company and/or school is preferred. Experience teaching and choreographing for children is a must.
Professional and Technical Competencies:
- Support the philosophy and mission of The Washington Ballet and The Washington School of Ballet
- Must possess cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a diverse demographic
- Have a desire to learn the school’s syllabus and lesson plan accordingly
- Works in a detail-oriented manner
- Communicates conflicts, concerns or matters of urgency to appropriate supervisor
- Desire to work collaboratively as part of the team
- Understanding of musicality and ability to communicate with pianist
- Willingness to take constructive feedback and embrace a reflective approach to teaching
- Classical Ballet
- Ballet History and Pedagogy
Equipment Knowledge and Use:
- PC and software
- Standard office, sound, and AV equipment
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to Monica Stephenson at email@example.com.
Pre Ballet and Lower Division Teacher
Pre-Ballet and Lower Division Teacher (Levels 1A, 1B)
Department: Pre-Ballet Division/Lower Division
Position Title: Teacher
Reports to: Pre-Ballet Division Head/Lower Division Head
Classification: Part Time
Location: TWSB NW Campus
The Washington School of Ballet (TWSB) is in search of a well-qualified teacher to teach in our year-round and summer programs. Candidates should have two+ years of dance instruction experience with young children ages 4-9. We prefer applicants with an extensive dance background, a degree in elementary or early childhood education, or professional equivalency.
If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to Pamela Bjerknes at firstname.lastname@example.org.