Pointe Shoe Appeal
Pointe Shoe Appeal
The day a ballerina gets to slip on her first pair of pointe shoes is a momentous day. It symbolizes growth, achievement, dedication, and the next phase of her journey exploring the art of ballet.
Every year, The Washington Ballet invests around $75,000 in supplying our world-renowned professional dancers and teachers with pointe shoes of the highest quality. To maintain this investment and in honor of the 75th Anniversary of our school, we are celebrating the launch of our Pointe Shoe Appeal to raise $75,000.
As a dedicated supporter of The Washington Ballet, we hope that you will consider making a gift to our Pointe Shoe Appeal. Your generosity will allow our dancers and teachers to continue to bring forward ballet performance and education at the highest level.
All gifts made before December 31 will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $15,000, by celebrated British pointe shoe manufacturers, Freed of London – doubling your gift!
By way of thanks and our appreciation, every gift will be recognized at, and added to, the corresponding level of our membership programs, and in the following ways:
- $75+ Supporters will receive a special 75th Anniversary lapel pin;
- $175+ Supporters will receive a Julie Kent hand-signed TWB photo (and previous);
- $375+ Supporters will receive signed pointe shoes by their favorite TWB dancer (and previous);
- $750+ Supports will receive invitations for two (2) to The Washington School of Ballet’s 75th Anniversary celebration on Saturday, February 22, 2020 (and previous);
- $1,750+ Supporters will receive invitations for two (2) to an exclusive Swan Lake dress rehearsal experience (and previous).
We hope you will support The Washington Ballet through this important appeal. Your gift will be celebrated and go a long wat to help us continue to produce the highest caliber of ballet performance and education.