"TWB's outreach directly affects the lives of children throughout Washington, DC. Exposure to the arts provides an outlet, a new outlook, helps build relationships and community, develops work ethic, pride, inspiration and gives children a place to discover themselves. I am proud to donate my time and resources to sustain those possibilities in my community." ~Joy E. Robertson
JETÉ SOCIETY MEMBERS
The Jeté Society is a vibrant and engaged group of young professionals (21-40 years old) committed to supporting The Washington Ballet and its community engagement programs through involvement with the TWB@THEARC (Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus) in Southeast, DC. Through the support of performances, fundraising and volunteer initiatives and by hosting the popular beerballet&bubbly series, this dedicated group strives to expand and sustain interest in the ballet for future generations.
Jeté Society members are also offered exclusive pricing for performances and unique opportunities to meet Company dancers throughout the season while learning more about the ballet behind the scenes.
JETÉ SOCIETY MEMBERS – PAY ANNUAL DUES OF $75 AND RECEIVE:
- $40 tickets for TWB mainstage productions
- Exclusive Friday night, four-show subscription package for just $130 LEARN MORE
- 30% discount and advance notice of the sell-out beerballet&bubbly series LEARN MORE
- 15% Discount for Adult Ballet Classes
- Special invitations and discounts throughout the season for special events, happy hours, performances, etc.
- Volunteer opportunities
JETÉ SOCIETY STEERING COMMITTEE
The Jeté Society Steering Committee is comprised of young leaders in the Washington metropolitan area committed to the growth of the Jeté Society and The Washington Ballet initiatives. This group meets monthly to plan fundraising events and engagement opportunities for Jeté members. Applications to join the Steering Committee are solicited from all Jeté members and accepted in the spring of every season. Potential Steering Committee members are required to have been a Jeté Society member for at least one year.
For more information on the Jeté Society or Jeté Society Steering Committee, please contact John Philligin, email@example.com.
Jeté Society Steering Committee 2016.2017 Season
- Julia Jacobsen, President
- Meghan Comey Thomas, Vice President
- Katherine Munroe, Vice President
- Jennifer Wu, Treasurer
- Alicia Van der Veen, Membership Chair
- Angela Milas Hernandez, Events Chair
- Joy White, Dancer Liaison
- Laurie Valora, Communications
- Terica Adams
- Catherine Farrell Barnes
- Bradley Bosserman
- Amanda Cutright
- Kari Doorley
- Beth Van Gelder
- Melissa G. R. Goldstein
- Ryan Michael Hayes
- Vicente Garcia Tomas
- Sarah Sanchez