The growth and survival of The Washington Ballet is not possible without the generous and continued support of family, public and private foundations. Many foundation gifts allow The Washington Ballet to "keep the lights on" through general operating support. Other foundation support underwrites the cost of specific needs and programs including costumes, faculty positions, national and international touring, new ballet productions, education and community engagement programs and scholarships and financial assistance for qualified students of The Washington School of Ballet.
To learn more about foundation giving, please contact Emily Le Gall, Manager of Institutional Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Washington Ballet would like to thank the following foundations for their generous support:
- Barbara Epstein Foundation
- Charles Engelhard Foundation
- Dallas Morse Coors Foundation for the Performing Arts
- The Dollye and I. Wolford Berman Foundation
- The Honorable Eugene A. Ludwig and Dr. Carol Ludwig
- The Fernandez Foundation
- George Preston Marshall Foundation
- The Harman Family Foundation
- Hattie M. Strong Foundation
- Howard and Geraldine Polinger Family Foundation
- International Humanities, Inc.
- Jerome Robbins Foundation
- John Eaton Home and School Association
- John Edward Fowler Memorial Foundation
- The Lois and Richard England Family Foundation
- The Ludwig Family Foundation, Inc.
- Marshall B. Coyne Foundation, Inc.
- Max and Victoria Dreyfus Foundation
- Morningstar Foundation
- Public Welfare Foundation
- The Share Fund
- The Shubert Foundation
- Sachiko Kuno and Ryuji Ueno Innovation Fund
- Sitar Arts Center
- SunDial Foundation, Inc.
- The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation
- The Wes and Betty Foster Foundation
- The William J. and Dorothy K. O'Neill Foundation
- William S. Abell Foundation
Grants from the D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities, the National Capital Arts and Cultural Affairs program administered by the U.S Commission of Fine Arts, the National Endowment for the Arts and the Government of the District of Columbia have provided support for The Washington Ballet's artistic, educational, and community engagement programs. Consistent government support is a wonderful reflection of the quality and impact of our programs on the Washington, D.C. community and the arts community throughout the nation.