What’s that in the sky? Is it a plane? Is it a weather balloon? No, it’s Dracula! Dress your best (or your worst), preferably your most creative, and show it off to The Washington Ballet. We’re looking for THE best overall costume, the best SEPTIME WEBRE, the best ballet character of all time, and of course, the best Dracula. It’s easy to enter. Dress up, strike a pose, snap a photo of yourself and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win some amazing prizes! They’re good enough to since your fangs into. See below on how to play, and don’t forget to read the rules!
1. Find or create an awesome costume that best reflects any one of the categories listed for the contest: Best Overall, Best Septime, Best Dracula, Best Ballet Character.
2. Find a camera! Use the self-timer or a vampire or a ghost or a Septime look-alike to snap the photo of you wearing your amazing costume.
3. Attach the photo in an email addressed to email@example.com and type “TWB Dracula Costume” in the subject line. Indicate which category you are submitting your photo to in the body of the email. Please include your name and best method of contact.
4. Keep an eye out for your photo on our Facebook page. We’ll post submissions according to each category in separate albums.
5. Get your friends and family to ‘Like’ your photo on Facebook, and vote in the other categories for best costume.
6. *BONUS*: Arrive in style and in costume at The Kennedy Center on Halloween evening and receive double the “Likes” (votes) for your costume. Meet our staff before or during the performance of Dracula at our courtesy table in front of the Eisenhower Theater and we’ll snap your photo. Your costume photo will be uploaded to our albums for public voting. We’ll automatically double your votes!
7. Contestants are allowed to submit 1 photo per category from Oct. 1st until 12AM EST Nov. 1st. Voting is open to Facebook users on The Washington Ballet’s Facebook page until the end of Dracula’s run, Nov. 4th.
8. The winner of each category will be chosen by the photo that receives the most ‘Likes’ on The Washington Ballet’s Facebook albums, solely created for the purposes of the Dracula Costume Contest. Winners will be notified the following week.
9. GOOD LUCK and thanks for playing!
1. Only one (1) submission per person per category.
2. Please use common courtesy when submitting photos to The Washington Ballet for the Dracula Costume Contest. Any photo or image portraying violence, nudity, or vulgarity will automatically be disqualified and will not be uploaded to our online albums for participation in public voting on Facebook.
3. By submitting your photo to The Washington Ballet, you grant the organization permission and full rights to use the photo for the purposes of and related to the Dracula Costume Contest, which includes uploading to public albums for the duration of the contest and voting process.
4. Please refer to [Official Rules link] for FULL official rules and regulations.
One (1) winner by greatest number of votes from all categories will receive a premium orchestra/balcony subscription for two (2) to the balance of The Washington Ballet’s 2012-2013 season. The Grand Prize will also include a gift bag with an autographed copy of The Washington Ballet’s Wonderland book and other Washington Ballet and Dracula merchandise. This prize will be given to the contestant who receives the highest number of ‘Likes’ in any category.
One (1) winner by the greatest number of votes in the “Best Septime” category will receive a Wonderland book autographed by Artistic Director, Septime Webre, Wonderland poster autographed by Septime Webre, and an opportunity to have your picture taken with TWB’s Artistic Director Septime Webre. This prize will be given to the contestant, dressed as Septime Webre, who receives the highest number of ‘Likes’ in the ‘Best Septime’ Category.
One (1) winner by greatest number of votes in the “Best Dracula” category will receive a gift bag of Dracula related merchandise, including a Dracula poster signed by the Dracula cast, Dracula t-shirt, Dracula CD and Dracula ornament. This prize will be awarded to the contestant voted (by number of ‘Likes’) as dressed ‘Best Dracula.’
One (1) winner by greatest number of votes in the “Best TWB Ballet Character” category will receive an autographed Washington Ballet poster and a pair of premium orchestra or balcony tickets to a mutually agreed spring performance of The Washington Ballet. This prize will be awarded to the contestant voted (by number of ‘Likes’) as dressed ‘Best Ballet Character.’
The Kennedy Center Box Office, 2700 F St. NW, Washington, DC